Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 18, 2010

January 17, 2010

January 17, 2010

I arrived in Sydney last night and was greeted by Adrian Lyons, S.J. He is a very kindly man. He brought me past the Sydney Opera House and the majestic bridge that spans the Harbor. Both are spectacular.

I enjoyed my stay in New Zealand quite a bit. David Tonks prepared a nice lamb meal for dinner (lunch) and Sr. Mary took me to the airport. I also had a nice lamb supper when I arrived at Canisius College. It seems that Hillary Clinton's schedule was similar to mine, but she cancelled her time in NZ so she could go to Haiti. Good choice for our nation. We have friendly relations between the US and NZ. Prince William arrived at the Auckland airport yesterday, but I just missed him. There were few people there, but the newspaper crew responded quickly and built up the crowds and made signs for them to wave.

Canisius College is a regular Jesuit type of community, much like our retirement center/retreat house/tertian house in Weston, Massachusetts. Eight of the 12 guys have arrived and the guys seem very pleasant. I rested well today, but I'm still tired. I did not like to know that the Jets won against the Chargers in football.

I walked into town and I marveled at the stately homes and properties that surround our campus. Three golf courses are within walking distance and there are several nice parks. I'll have no problems getting on with my 10,000 steps a day walking routine. I'm drinking more tea than I ever have before. I'm quite comfortable and in good space to begin the program. I am reading a fairly good book about developing healthy self-esteem. It is an interesting book because many retreatants and directees seek to develop a healthier level of esteem. I find it quite insightful. I next want to read a book by John Bradshaw called "Healing the Shame the Binds you."

No comments:

Post a Comment