Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 8, 2010

I walked around Loyola Marymouth University with my camera in hand because it is such a grand campus to behold. The campus is stunning as it sits atop a bluff that overlooks the former Hughes airstrip. From my room I can see the Pacific Ocean and the metropolis of L.A. It is actually nicer than many of the photos I have previously seen of the city.

I met some old friends here. I met the incoming class of tertians for the California program. I really enjoyed our many discussions. In fact, our dinner lasted over 2 hours at table. I'm grateful that I have the time to just spend time with them. The LMU community is extremely kind and hospitable and daily Mass with them is a treat. The campus is quiet until today when students return for the spring semester. Being a visitor allows me to see the goodness and graciousness of my brothers.

I walked my 10,000 steps (five miles a day) using my pedometer. It allowed me to check out the surrounding neighborhood. So many of the houses are very comfortable and well-kept, but I can't say that I would trade my life as a Jesuit at all for those comforts. I like that our lives are about our mission for the Lord, not for ourselves. I am grateful that I am learning to be open to all that the Lord is asking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment