Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday after Ash Wednesday

I said Mass today and decided to preach about fasting, abstinence, and penance, but when I walked down to the dining room at lunch, I was greeting by a big bowl of meat sauce for the rice. I was so surprised that they would serve meat on a Friday of fast and abstinence. It appears that this particular custom has evolved over the years. The only days that remain this way are Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. I rather like the Lenten discpline so I am trying to keep it, but by using good judgment.

I received word that I will be missioned for three weeks to Hervey Bay, which is just north of Brisbane. It is supposed to be a beautiful community and a sub-tropical environment. I'm happy with the choice.

This week we studied the autobiograhy of Ignatius and then spent some time discussing multi-cultural communities. I very much enjoyed the conversations about the autobiography and learned quite a few new perspectives on Ignatius.

No comments:

Post a Comment