Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, July 12, 2010

Good Explanation for Low Mass Attendance

At Mass today, attendance was lower than I was expecting. I thought that many people might be interested in watching the World Cup or might be too tried from watching the All-Blacks beat up on the Springboks. Then I heard it was the beginning of calving season and everything made sense. Since we are right on the coast, calving takes place here first; next week calving takes place half a mile inland, and so on until it reaches the base of the mountain in a few weeks. It is quite an interesting life here in Opunake.

Folks really seemed to like my words in the homily today. I’ve had good feedback from them. The kids, though they are on school holiday, still attend Mass and I now give them a proper blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment