Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Hours in Opunake

I am virtually all packed; the house is clean and restored to the way I found it. I just returned from lunch with Sister. We ate at the Headlands Restaurant, a trendy upscale restaurant in town. It was very nice. The church organist owns and runs the place. I may return there tonight as a priest friend is coming over for dinner.

I visited the Club Hotel last night to see parishioners. We later went to a bar with a Karaoke set up. Many folks did a nice job, but it was not on my docket to perform.

I wanted to say goodbye to the mountain today, but when I awoke it was dreary and threatened to rain, but now the storm is passing over and the tip of the mountain is emerging from the low-level cloud cover. The cows are still active in making noise. I feel so content, so happy that I came here. I would like to stay longer, but there is a time for every action in life, and this time has come to its end.

I will miss the people. I look forward to praying with them at Mass tomorrow morning.

I head back to Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment