Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last Hours in Australia

So, here it is. I awoke this morning alert and refreshed and I'm ready for a glorious day. The temperatures are about 72 degree Fahrenheit with an ever-so gentle breeze. Full sun occupies the sky with an occasional wandering cloud. I fed the rabbit today, said hello to the kookaburras, fed the plovers and checked on the developing eggs, and I walked around to aborb all the freshness of the early spring flowers. It is wonderful to just be here and appreciate all of it.

We had a final Mass for tertians and said goodbye to Joseph from China. I will miss him. After breakfast, I packed and cleaned my room. It is cleaner than when I arrived. It smells and looks so good. I realized only this week that the room I am in has one of the better views. I can see the bush in the backyard, the sunrise at night, and I can scan over the rooftops of the neighbors fine houses. I get steady daylight which makes me happy. Lots of small things make me happy.

I will miss Joe and Adria, the Canisius community, the edginess of Sydney, the companionship of the Jesuits and many good tertians who really became my brothers while I've been here.

I'll spend the rest of the day just lingering and remembering and savoring and appreciating. It is all good. It is all so good.

Fair Australia, until we meet again.

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey home. Finally got round to checking out your blog after we met briefly when i was visiting Canisius! Can't believe the Tertians are all heading home. All the best for the rest of your journey (:

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda. I miss Australia already. I'm back in Hawaii, heading for L.A. then Portland. I'm glad to have met you.

    ReplyDelete