Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Relaxing Times

Just finished another retreat and now I'm in some relaxing days. I'm still sorting through the stuff I took out of my moving boxes and finding a lasting location for them. I'm slowly getting settled.

I visited Cape Cod this weekend to see two friends from Virginia and my aunt and uncle. I wanted to see my relatives because they are the grandparents of the boy who took his own life seven weeks ago and this was my first chance to visit with them. I have to spend longer time with my mother as well. My (deceased) sister's birthday is Saturday and we always remember her in some way.

Down the Cape I was able to hit a few golf balls with some instructions on how to improve my swing. It was very helpful. I was going to call a friend who directed a retreat with me last week. He was the one who gave me a ride in his Porsche. He was to meet his wife down at the Cape.

Today I visited the Jesuit Community at Boston College. It was so fun to see so many friends again. We really are hospitable to one another. And gracious. Bill Russell and I went out for a walk to see the new Boston College School of Theology and Ministry and the Blessed Peter Faber Jesuit Residence in Brighton. The school and new community houses look great. The weather was also superb.

I caught a stomach bug so I just intend to go to bed early and sleep it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment