Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, February 21, 2011

Back in Form

Another 8-day retreat is coming to an end. This was a small intimate group. It seemed odd to have so much free space in the house. We are used to full liturgies as well, but we had plenty of space in the room this time around. The retreatants really seemed to like it.

A fun snowfall fell this morning. It dusted us with 1/4 of an inch. That's all. It was light and airy as it softly fell from the sky. It is amazing to think that it was the tail end of a blizzard that swept through Wyoming and South Dakota. Fortunately, we were spared.

It gave me an opportunity to get outside and do some clearing of bushes. Insidious vines have been choking trees and shrubs. I want to liberate them from these pests that are suffocating them. It reminds me of the work I did at Canisius College in Sydney, Australia. It was such hard work but I enjoyed the challenge. However, no poisonous spiders are lurking in these winter habitats. I can see a big difference in the little work I have done. I feel like I am back in tertianship form. The clean fresh air feels great - even when it is cold. I do work up a good sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment