Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Liminal Time

April is a deceptive month. We think that because March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb that April will be lamb-like as well. Well, it if often cold, rainy, and raw. We are waiting for warm springlike weather to come and stay. April this year seems like a month of waiting because the crocuses have come and gone and the daffodils and jonquils are in bloom, but we want more quicker. Normally, people are happy to get outside during the time of year because Easter has already come, but we remain waiting for another week.

Signs of the fullness of spring are around. I was greeted by a paralyzing deer tick the other day. I have to be careful as I continue my forest-clearing project. I am deep into bushes these days as I'm now clearing a path near the labyrinth and shed. I have to say that it looks inviting. I'm pleased with the transformation of the lawn.

While we have had retreats in April, I have not been assigned to them. I have plenty of work to do and yet it is awkward to live in a house silently when I am not directing. We have a Palm Sunday weekend retreat before we take a break before the Holy Week retreat.

Holy Week always takes on an active dimension for me. In some ways I fear it even though I know the outcome. I don't like seeing Jesus go through his pain and I realize there's much disorder in my life. And so, I just wait for the week's events to unfold anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment