Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The City of Sin

Lynn, Lynn, the city of sin, you don't come out the way you go in.

I formerly worked at Eastern Bank in Lynn, Massachusetts on Boston's North Shore. Though I live on the extreme North Shore on Boston, I haven't been to Lynn is years. In the 1990's in the midst of an economic recession, they city's main shopping areas were hard hit and many stores closed. Upon my return today, I was pleased to see a vibrant downtown with nearly full storefronts and remodeled contemporary signage.

As it is early spring, the trees were in blossom and the city looked vibrant and sparkling. Lynn has many attractive large civic buildings and some interesting architectural gems. With more attention to green spaces and public areas, I was pleased with the beauty of the city. The city is right on the ocean between Revere and Swampscott with Nahant and Marblehead close by. It looks like the city takes pride in itself. It made me feel good to visit again. I ate at the trendy Blue Ox restaurant on Oxford Street and was impressed with the quality of the food and the pleasant service of the wait staff.

2 comments:

  1. Now that you mention it, downtown Lynn does seem nicer than it used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. In many ways it has not changed, but there's a greater vitality to it these days.

    ReplyDelete