Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Friday, May 27, 2011

Lilacs

With the recent days of sunshine, the lilacs are in full bloom. Their fragrance is strong enough for our noses to catch their smell from inside the houses. Bees are busy, but they present no harm. We have bunches of violet and white lilacs that we bring into the house to accent our liturgies. It is great to see the retreatants hanging around these bushes to get a noseful of sweet fragrance.

The mornings are precious. It is warm enough to keep the windows open. The waves rhythmically crash onto the rocky shore and it is mesmerizing. Though the sun beckons me to arise, the cool morning air and the waves soothe me back to sleep. I just want to rest for another half hour or so and then I think of the retreatants and realize I am to rise so I can pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment