Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

Today is a fine day. Many people will be jumping into their cars or into planes to head out for the Thanksgiving holiday. It really is a splendid holiday. The fact that people want to be with each other is a real good sign that we have to take care of one another. These relationships are what really matters in life.

I love the month of November. It is often warmer than people think of it. The daylight is shorter than most months, but the warm air still makes me feel like there is much life to live before the winter slumber. It is a great time for reflection, hiking, or landscape therapy.

Today was a wild weather day. Strong winds at high tide made the surf rise nearly to the service road. I slept in until 7:30 a.m. as I just listened to and watched the waves crash before I got out of bed.

The staff worked for half a day. Within 15 minutes of their departure, the winds ceased and the rain stopped falling. It became eerily silent in the house. I lit a fire and watched it burn. The winds returned to batter the house again. I just sat and ate a pomegranite since it is regarded as a holiday fruit. The taste is quite nice, but I don't like eating those tiny seeds. Actually, there isn't much of a fruit to it. I watched the fire for an hour or so since I could not get outside to do any landscaping work. I can't wait to get some greens for my bedroom fireplace and for the wheelbarrows.

I was able to get caught up on a lot of loose ends. I still have many emails to write, and I have lots of retreat and household chores. It is nice to have a few days to putter around and get things done without a time hassle. 

We sing with the Cape Ann Symphony this Saturday and Sunday, then we direct a retreat for priests. At the end of that, we will carol in Rockport on December 3rd and then we perform Messiah on Dec. 10th and 11th.

I like that my to do list is getting smaller. I have much for which to be thankful and I'm spending my day remembering so many people who have graced my life or passed through this retreat center. All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment