Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Feeling the Love Today

I am very grateful for all the phone calls and emails I received on this 456th anniversary of Ignatius of Loyola's birth into eternal life. Jesuits, friends, colleagues in mission, and the whole internet world are touched by his prayer. The Ignatian/Jesuit family is united because of the diverse ways Ignatian spirituality and his Exercises have brought people closer to the Lord. I am still in awe of the name of our religious institute. It is humbling to know that our prayer and faith makes us "The Company of Jesus."

 Twenty-four retreatants just finished the 30-day retreat known as The Spiritual Exercises on Sunday. I was proud to listen to their stories as we shared the fruits of our prayer at the retreat's conclusion. I could hear the surprising ways their relationship with the Lord was deepened. I know one thing for certain: We must find new ways of bringing these Exercises to other people. Others can benefit from finding a prayer style that fits them and their state in life.

 I'm also very grateful for the many friends who have been generous to me when they took me out for dinner, lunch, or coffee to say goodbye as I get ready to head to Jordan in September. I've received so much love and affection recently. I will miss many good friends. I'm comforted that I will remain in touch through email, Skype, and possible visits. My heart feels like the Grinch's after his conversion - for it keeps get larger as I hold so much goodwill in my soul. Thanks everyone, and Happy Ignatius Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment