Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 13, 2012

Family Gathering

I spent some time on mid-Cape Cod to visit my aunt Nancy (my mother's sister) and her husband, Bill, and their dog, Lucky. It was good to spend some time with them. We had the pleasure of watching a rare athletic event. The Red Sox won against the Cleveland Indians by a score of 14-1 with Jon Lester pitching. It is eerie how siblings can be so alike and dissimilar at the same time.

Nancy and Bill's children (Bob, Ellen, and Julie) plan to visit the Cape later in the week. This is the anniversary of Julie's son, Brian's, untimely death.

 After a while we visited my cousins who are the children of my mother's other sister who is deceased. I haven't seen most of them since my aunt's death seven years ago. I can't believe that much time has passed. Mary was the chef and host in that smooth style much like her mother'. Jamie sounded and had mannerisms a lot like his deceased father. Ann and Valerie visited from Oregon. All the women resemble their mother so much, but in very different ways. It was a pleasure to see all of them with their children.

Since my family of origin lived 40 minutes away from my aunt's family, we hardly spent any time together. It is a blessing to see them again as adults. I'm proud of them and I'm happy they are my relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment