Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Agitation

I am trying to write my homily for Christmas Eve mass, which is just a few hours away. For the first hour, I tried to compose it while the deaf cleaning lady dragged the chairs from one area of the room to the other. She can't hear the noise she is making and she washes the floors every single day. I endured the noise because I know I cannot communicate with her.

After she finished, I listened for another hour as they set up for mass. They dragged every single chair across the room. I can hear it if I am two floors below, but I am in my office right next to them. They are five so they can't make a decision about how to set it up so they create extra work. It really doesn't matter because once the people come in, they will move things around to their satisfaction anyways. After the very annoying noise, I told the men to stop and to please let me move the chairs by lifting them up and placing them gently down. Four of them apologized, but the fifth one was not able to catch on. I will have a terrible homily because I cannot concentrate.

O.K. I feel better for e-speaking about it.

6 comments:

  1. May this be the "clearing" that you needed to do in order to break open the Word on such an important day. God bless you, I send you my every prayer for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am much better now. My homily is done as well. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes. Merry Christmas to you as well.

      Delete
  2. The Lord will speak through you no matter what because that is the desire of your heart. God bless you and may you have a wonderful celebration of the birth of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda. I think my desire was to have some silent time to prepare a nice homily. I just couldn't compose any thoughts earlier. I want this to be the Lord's night.

      Delete
  3. Would some noise cancelling headphones be helpful to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. The loudness is pervasive. It is imbedded into the environment.

      Delete