Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I almost gave up

I almost gave up on my Christmas decorations this year. The Advent season moved far too fast for me and we are already one week before Christmas. To me, it seems late to decorate. After I strung four sets of lights including a fifth one for a small Christmas tree I bought, the adapter blew out. It was demoralizing. I spent too much time making sure the lights were hanging correctly and then when the transformer blew, my spirit was almost ruined. I took down the light buts did not have the energy to put them away in their respective boxes. Things are far too much effort here at times and we grow weary.

This morning, I put up a few decorations that I bought two weeks ago. My lost desire returned a little bit. When when our cleaning woman stopped by, I told her the transformer blew and she made certain that I got a replacement - one that fits the proper electrical standards. Bless her heart. Miraculously, it works. I can now string the multi-colored lights all along my window and bring some brightness into the room. I like it already. I hung my stockings with care and put up some more decorations. I'm testing the lights for an extended period of time before I display them and then, if it works, I'll have brightness in my room. What a difference it makes to my spirit.

I've had a good day in getting caught up with many tasks. It feels like some obstacle is cleared. Christmas can finally come. Ho Ho Ho.

4 comments:

  1. It was a tough night here, with several disappointments for my hard working youngest son, and I despaired a bit, too. Somehow the thought that someone might walk in tomorrow morning and bring a bit of light and grace is a consolation -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you receive that consolation soon, Michelle. We need those moments of light and life.

      Delete
  2. John, I hope by now you have been able to put your lights up again. I almost didn't decorate this year either for it was yesterday before I was able to set aside some time. Then it all fell into place and a friend came by and we decorated together. I am so grateful to have the tree up as it brings such joy to my heart. I pray that you will have a joy-filled Christmas with many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did decorate. Now I have to find time in my schedule just to sit in my office at night and admire. When the holidays come, certain ethnic groups relentlessly inundate the pastor with requests for baptism.

      Delete