Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 19, 2010

I have been taking it easy the past few days with some naps to get adjusted to the time change. I wake up each morning at 6:00 a.m., but need a nap by 9:00 a.m. I am 16 hours different from Boston/Portland.

All the tertians have arrived - the last one coming today as he was delayed in Shanghai. We opened the program with orientation days and a few festive meals. The food is quite good; the fruits are very tasty, but the Mangoes have huge seeds in them.

I drove yesterday as practice and then drove all aroud the suburbs of Sydney today. Tomorrow I will lead an expedition into the city as I am quite comfortable driving. We'll go to the domain and the Opera House. Today I managed a trip to a high-end shopping mall and cinema.

The cockatoos and the Kukaberras are the noisiest birds ever. They don't have a sweet sound and they can be quite frightening. I took a walk this evening and met many lovely people. The houses around here are very comfortable and it is a serene place for an evening stroll. As I headed back to Canisius College, I saw thousands of fruit bats flying in formation from Gordon Forest to the orchards. Their wings spans are 2.5 to 3 feet and they are very slow in flapping them around. Tomorrow I will try to take photos of them. We have a funnel spider in our front yard so I won't walk barefoot again. We have lots of spider webs around, but we have enough antidotes so that we won't get deathly ill.

I notice that whenever anyone asks about kangaroos, they laugh after asking the question.

Disappointed about the chances for Health Care as Martha Coakley went belly-up in her campaign. She just did not take it seriously.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Scott Brown will bring a better opportunity for this country for health care that is more just from the unborn to the elderly. His election provides a balance much needed. Martha felt "entitled"...a poor requisite for representing the people.

    ReplyDelete