Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Diaconate Ordination

I attended a diaconate ordination for a young man from the Paramatta diocese the other day. It was mercifully short, just 1.25 hours. The apostolic delegate (former bishop) seems like a very kind man with a good pastoral sense about him. He is very kindly.

I very much like the new Cathedral that was built three years ago. The old one burned down, but they gutted it and they now use it for a baptistry and a chapel of reparation that leads to the main church. As I was sitting inside, I felt like I was immersed in a baptismal river. The way the light streamed through the Cathedral windows gave a sense of flow and movement like a river. The fixtures in the Cathedral are stunning with a Crucifix that radiates many different emotion. The architects of this cathedral are liturgical space geniuses.

I met the newly-appointed bishop who will be installed next Friday. He is 49 years old and an academician. I pray for many blessings on his ministry as he pastorally cares for this growing diocese.

I also met a Capuchin who just took vows a few weeks ago. He is friends with the Capuchins back in New York. It is a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment