Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Baptism

I had the pleasure this morning to welcome an infant girl as a new member to our Church. The family was so proud of this moment and the little girl was all smiles. Fortunately for her, I warmed up the waters in the baptismal font so she wasn't shocked when I did the baptism. It was a great start to the day.

I visited the family at their farmhouse after the baptism. I was so impressed with the construction and beauty of the house and the landscaping. The house is 100 years old and is in immaculate shape. The tasteful choice of wall paint and the modern artwork makes this house very inviting and comfortable. I'm envious of their television set.

This was a day of walking discovery. As the clouds rolled away and sunshine provided afternoon light, I embarked for my traditional walk around Opunake. I diverted from my path onto a sidestreet that led me past a fast-flowing river. It fed into the Opunake Lake. I had not noticed it before and it is quite a scenic area. I'll have to walk there over the next few days and take my camera with me. It leads to a bluff that looks out over the Opunake beach. It reminds me a lot of the pond at Gloucester, Massachusetts.

As I stood at the banks of the lake, two rainbows shot up into the sky. Just at that moment, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere over the rainbow" came on my ipod nano. This was a song used on a KAIROS retreat. I thought how coincidental. How neat.

The late afternoon sunlight had such a soft touch on the clouds. It would have been photographic splendor, but I'll just have to store those images in my personal memory bank. I'll walk along that lake very soon. Wish you could see it. It passes through farmlands with cows and horses and it goes into the bush and past a cemetary that leads up to the vast ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment