Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 21, 2010

A Break from Silence

I began the day with the news that New Zealand picked up another point in the World Cup when they tied defending World Cup Champs Italy. The island nation is beaming with pride and respect. It is a nation of a little more than 4 million people. The tiny island nation of Singapore has 22 million people in a fraction of the size of New Zealand.

Anyways, I decided I would drive around town and the environs today just to see where I am. I tell you. I am nowhere like I've ever been. I drove for half an hour to get to the next town, which is smaller than Opunake. The landscape is great though.

I returned to the Presbytery (parish house) and Sanjay, an Indian Herald of the Good News priest, and his friend Martin from Malaysia was there. Since it was their day off, they decided to stop by Opunake and visit me. It was nice to have some sound in the house. We had a coffee and I gave them a tour of the place. I was grateful for their visit becuase otherwise I would not have uttered a word or heard a spoken word all day long.

While the silence is uncomfortable, I will learn something good from this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment