Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warm Thoughts

I do miss the people of New Zealand. I was so delighted on Sunday when I celebrated my final Mass of my time there. I was so pleased with those who decided to show up, come back to Mass after a break, or were friends from other faith traditions who came to honor me. I was so touched. I was honored by the musicians who came forth to put together a special liturgy for me - complete with St. Ignatius's Suscipe (Take, Lord, receive), the Gloria, and other fine tuning. I will always pray with a warm heart for my friends in New Zealand.

My travel back to Sydney (Pymble) was uneventful and I am now trying to adapt to the new time schedule. I awake every morning at 5:15 because my body is on New Zealand time. It is very good to see my Jesuit confreres. We will only have three weeks left together. This makes me as sad as I am to leave New Zealand.

In a month, I will return to New England in the United States and I will become a director of retreats at Eastern Point Retreat House in Gloucester, Massachusetts. My time in New Zealand has prepared me well. I look forward to that ministry.

Anyways, day by day I just want to enjoy the presence of my Jesuit brothers. My heart aches when I meet good people and have to leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment