Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Settling In

I have enjoyed the past few days in Gloucester. The end-of-summer weather has given us some cool nights and some warm days - perfect for sleeping. Yes, I have been tired because the move was rather quick, and though I am living out of boxes, I am getting sufficient rest. It is unbelievable that I both live and work here.

I can sense that I am more connected with the province because I am an hour closer to most other communities. This makes quite a difference in the ways in which we relate to one another. I will be glad to visit once I have a few days off. As soon as we finish this retreat, we begin another two days later.

The walking is quite nice. Yesterday, I walked to the beginning of the Eastern Point peninsula and met some interesting people along the way. In the middle of the deep harbor waters of Gloucester was a large cruise ship that contained more than 2,500 passengers. The downtown area was swarming with tourists.

I also walked past the Beauport Sleeper-McCann House which is an early American house with a sea captain's room, an early American kitchen, a green and white dining room that overlooks Gloucester Harbor and many rooms are decorated like stage sets that showcase an historical theme. They invited us to a neighbor's gathering later in the month.

The retreat is going well and I'm glad to be spending time in this valuable ministry. The lives of many people are difficult and so many people carry much heaviness. We all find relief when we decide to unburden ourselves by telling others our stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment