Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Finally Fall

Today finally looks like Fall at Eastern Point in Gloucester. The roads are abandoned by tourists and visitors to the rocky shores of the retreat house. A stillness has settled upon the Point. The chill is clipped by the sun's midday warmth and the reddish leaves are clinging for dear life. A brisk wind will clear the foliage from its branches. The air contains a wettish fragrance that reminds me of an early spring day as it contains an earthy odor. I have no care in the world. I appreciate the transition in the seasons to help me with my transitions in life.

I took my refurbished mountain bike out for a spin this morning. It rides well. I passed a group of other bikers and I thought it would be fun to join a bike club.

I then passed a group of people who must have had a Corvette convention. They stopped at Niles Beach to sit by the ocean and talk about their cars. Ten cars lined the parking lot. The Corvettes had such variety to their kind because of the changes that were made to them over the years.

Last night, I went to my Tuesday evening rehearsal with the Cape Ann Singers as we prepare for our Christmas concert next month. We are singing a version of the Twelve Days of Christmas set to an international score; a compilastion of Alfred Burt Carols, a Jewish lament song, and the Hallelujah Chorus.

This afternoon, I will visit the elderly and infirm Jesuts at Campion Center in Weston, Massachusetts before I attend a lecture at Boston College by Roger Haight on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius.

I'll first stop at the North Shore Arts Association to see the gallery of watercolors. A friends' teacher won an award for her painting of a parking lot - of all things.

I'll stop at Boston College to drop off a collection of The Jesuit Relations, a journal series that chronicles the first years of Jesuit life and exploration of the New World by the first Jesuits to Canada, New France, and the northern regions of the U.S.A.

Earlier this week, I have found my walking route of 4.5 miles. I listened to the Estonian composer Arvo Part and I have reread Strunk and White's "The Elements of Style." Both are riveting.

No comments:

Post a Comment