Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marching On

I'm so glad we have left the month of February. The old age runs true, "March comes in like a lion and leaves like a lamb."

This month seems like it will be good. The provincial comes for a visitation today and tomorrow and then our community goes away for a few days for planning and prayer. After a quick trip to D.C., I'll give a few retreats in Maine and then prepare for the last retreat of the month.

We received about 6 inches of snow the other day, but the torrential rains the next day washed away 5 inches. With a few days above freezing, more of the ugly snowpacks will melt. Buds on trees are showing some color and insidious vines are already green. They are getting a head-start. I won't be able to keep up with them.

I am, however, sawing some vine trunks. As I remove them, some of the trees will be able to come back to life. Some of the trunks are four inches thick with bark around it. I'd like to remove them so people can pray the Stations of the Cross during Lent. I like to make things fresh, to prune, and to allow the proper life to grow around me.

I gave blood this week. I always feel that I'm contributing to the greater good when I do this. I do not like the thought of needles going into my veins, but I'm more at ease with it each time I go.

I collected my St. Patricks' Day decorations and will wear green for the next two weeks in preparation for this feast day. I'm sure we will have lots of soda bread for desserts.

Well, off to see my retreatants...

No comments:

Post a Comment