Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, May 8, 2011

It is Great to be Alive

I just returned from a lesiurely stroll through the 35-acre garden parklands where I have been working on our property. I slowly walked and delighted in the life that is teeming in the garden. Birds are chirping; squirrels frolick, flowers are closing up shop for the night. Everything seemed at ease and I took delight in my labors. Genesis 2 came to mind where God walked through his garden of creation and found it beautiful.

Tomorrow I will wake up early and finish work on the drain we are replacing. Water should flow much easier after replacing a corroded 1 inch pipe with a 3 inch indestructible PVC piping. Earlier today, I spread 3 truckloads of mulch onto the moist ground that captures a lot of rainfall. For several days I was ineffectively using a shovel until I found a pitchfork that made the job quadruple in speed.

This was a good weekend. I visited a monk-friend at St. Joseph's Abbey in Spencer on Thursday and then went to see my mother in anticipation of Mother's Day. We had a nice visit with some private time. On Friday, two beautiful woman friends came to visit. We had a nice lunch at Passports, a restaurant with a sophisticated edge, and then spent some time sharing the good news of our lives.

Yesterday, I went to Scarborough, Maine to hear a concert performed by the Portland Community Chorus. I sang with them in Maine. I was delighted with their repertoire and efficiency. I also met two friends in Kennebunk, one in the morning and the other after the concert. I wanted to see several more friends but I too often run out of time. Today was leisurely. After the retreat ended, a college friend stopped by with his lovely mother and we spent some time talking about retreats. I proudly showed them my work in the gardens. She was very knowledgeable and affirmed the work I am doing. I talked with some good friends via Skype and by mobile phone. I like my friends.

Then after a silent dinner, I toured the gardens. I am resting well from a terrific couple of days. I am content. All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment