Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Incredible Sky

As I turn the lights off in the house and surround myself with darkness, the lightning over the ocean lights up large portions of the space. Continuous bursts flash from the south in the direction of Boston while spider-like lightning takes to the skies over the ocean. The web is stunning as it begins low and works its way higher until it vanishes. I know I would not like to be a fisherperson on the ocean tonight. The power of the wave and of the electrical storm would terrify me. I'm glad I'm on safe land in a house that is built like a fortress. The night sky has changed dramatically each half hour. The intensity is becoming less, which is good because it is time for bed.

Movie recommendation: I heard of Shadowlands starring Debra Winger and Anthony Hopkins, but I didn't understand enough of the story to be drawn to watch it. If I had known it was about C.S. Lewis and his life with Joy Gresham, I would have been all over it. I was deeply moved by this film and have greater respect for C.S. Lewis. I want to watch it again sometime soon because it is powerful and has a great script. It was well done and I cared for the characters. I love the line, "we read so we are not alone."

3 comments:

  1. It's nice that you were able to retire early (and enjoy the light show). ;)

    I think I'll go to bed early myself, as soon as I've fixed and eaten my dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fascinating light show. It seemed to be a perfect night for relaxing. However, I'm aware that the tornadoes that ripped through the state killed 4 people and created a lot of damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great spot for viewing such things.

    ReplyDelete