Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Perseverance or Stubborness?

Just when is one criticized for being stubborn or praised for persevering? Today, I decided to take out my old lawnmower that had a wheel fall off of it last week. I figured that the motor still worked fine and I might have some tension as I dragged it along instead of rolling it more gently, so I set out to mow this high rugged brush in the back of the property. I must have looked quite curious as it was easier to pull the broken lawnmower than to push it. It did the job I wanted though, but in the end it was a little too dangerous and I gave it up. Am I willful or persevering?

I decided to watch the schooner races in the Atlantic Ocean instead. The ships with those masts were spectacular as they raced against the blue sky background. Labor Day is always a day of sailing festivities in Gloucester. The people here love the ocean and live by it. Good Harbor Beach was chock full of swimmers and sun worshipers.

The climate is changing. The air is cooling down. The nights are almost chilly and leaves are falling from the trees. Hurricane Irene blew salt air into the trees and she hastened the changing of the leaves. It looks like it is mid-October.

I bought some solar lights for the courtyard and flower gardens. One of the glowing lights is an crackled orb that radiates a soft purple light. Another one changes color four times. Retreatants are enjoying the new addition to the grounds.

Tomorrow is Labor Day - a day of rest. It is the last full day of an 8-day retreat. I would imagine that God is really pleased with these men and women who eagerly seek God. I'm pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment