Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Happy St. Patrick's Day

I finally was able to get outside and do some lawn work. I began tidying up the place as I've created woodpiles all over the property. I want to get them all placed in one heap before the warm weather comes to stay.

In the areas I cleared of brush debris, tons of daffodils are coming up. The once thick forest now looks like a meadow glen. Within a day or two, one quarter of the daffodils will blossom. Crocuses are ready to peak through and narcissus and tulips are well on their way. Tomorrow, I will build a rock border around the flower beds.

The St. Patrick Day celebration went well. A cooked breakfast with tasty Irish Soda bread from Br./Fr. Ricky Curry's recipe in his "Jesuit Guide to Bread-Making." The boiled dinner hit the spot as well. Mass was lovely, if I do say so myself, with the festive decorations for the altar and ambo.

For an evening celebration, our guest Irish tertian, who is here on experiment, regaled us with traditional songs and guitar strumming. It is a lovely way to celebrate in the middle of a retreat. We watched a couple corny Irish Leprechaun movies on the Hallmark channel at night. They were   entertaining, but they will never be given an award by the Academy of Motion Pictures. So what! It's all about enjoying frivolity.

Oh, I listened to our recording (Chorus North Shore) of Handel's Messiah. It is great. It is a professional performance. We have to now rehearse for our June performance of Verdi's Requiem.

No comments:

Post a Comment