Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 21, 2012

Death and New Life

My sister's husband (partner of 23 years) passed away on Friday. He fell ill on Easter Sunday and was in Intensive Care for over five weeks. His will was strong, but his body weakly succumbed. My sister, Dara, spend most of her waking hours with Dennis in the hospital. I hope the services on Wednesday will bring her some consolation.

In the fourth week of ICU, my sister noticed that robins were building a nest on her patio. She let it be. They soon laid eggs. When she returned home after the news of her husband's death, the eggs hatched and the parents were busy feeding the hungry mouths.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Please know that my prayers and blessings are with you and your family at this very sad time.
    The birds - how about that ?! So special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. The robins are certainly a gift from God to my sister.

      Delete
  3. My prayers for your sister and for all your family.

    ReplyDelete