Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Photo: South Texas

Before I head out to Jordan, I thought it would be a good idea to visit my father who lives near Corpus Christi, Texas. I haven't seen him in some years and he turned 80 in January.

We were able to spend a couple of days together. He and his wife gave me a tour of Rockport (7,500 population) and Fulton (1,500). We had plans to go into Corpus Christi aboard the U.S.S. Lexington, but that never worked out. I was able to see a replica of the Nina of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria. The others will soon be built.

I had plans to visit friends in San Antonio, but a health concern for my father negated those plans. I'll get to San Antonio next year when I return for a visit.

We toured the Rockport Educational Center, which had an interesting illumination of weather patterns on a globe. Images were projected onto the globe that gave the appearance that the globe was rotating. It was a fascinating educational film that showed storm patterns and their causes, flight patterns, use of Facebook connections from space, and some environmental concerns.

We had several nice meals and some downtime in their home. The swimming pool was a welcome relief for the overly hot weather. We watched a documentary on the Korean War and we flipped through photo albums that featured the work my father did with veterans of the Korean War.

It was a few short days, but it was a start. We'll try to build more connections in the family and see what happens next.

To see photos of South Texas, click on the link below:

Pics of South Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment