Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The weather outside (and other things) are are frightful

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Actually the weather has been very nice as it hovers around 72 degrees. We had two partial days of rain. I enjoyed that very much. I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain. What a glorious feeling. I'm happy again. Grass and flowers are growing. It's beginning to look a lot like spring!

However, the holiday decorating is beginning. The staff are very busy putting up many decorations. We have lots of cardboard Santas dangling from the windows in their plastic packaging. Lots and lots of tarantula-like garland-based star bursts hang from the ceiling. Lots of them. Silverly, red, and green garlands are taped to anything that can hold them. The two Christmas trees are set up. The funkiest manger scene is positioned near the chapel doors where the water bubbler was once located. I keep wanted to put my empty glass inside the manger to be filled because it looks like a water dispenser. Every space is occupied. It is just like driving. If there is an open space, it is soon to be filled.

I can sense there is more to come!!!


2 comments:

  1. John, I'm trying to picture the manger scene - sounds very unique indeed. I'm trying to picture the scene with garlands everywhere! Perhaps you could post a picture or two. Enjoy the nice weather as here it is getting colder by the minute but only a sprinkle of snow so far in my town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More work was done on the Manger scene so it is looking more mainstream. I'll take a photo during the next couple of days.

      Delete