Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Name of Jesus

“The Powerful Name of Jesus”
By Pope Francis

In a homily at the Domus Sanctae Marthae (where he lives), Pope Francis spoke of an employee, the father of eight children, who had worked in the bishop’s office in Buenos Aires for thirty years.


Before going out, before going to do any of the things he had to do, he would whisper to himself: “Jesus!” I once asked him, “Why do you keep saying ‘Jesus’?” “When I say ‘Jesus,’” this humble man answered me, “I feel strong, I feel able to work because I know he is beside me, that he is preserving me.” [This man] had not studied theology. He had only the grace of baptism and the power of the Spirit. His witness did so much good for me. The name of Jesus. There is no other name.

No comments:

Post a Comment