Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Monday, July 4, 2016

A nice meeting

Yesterday, I met with a friend that became acquainted with me through my blog a few years ago. She had been very supportive of the Jesuit's work in Amman, Jordan and she is a parishioner of a Jesuit parish in the American South. She came north to Boston to make her annual retreat. I was glad to hear that she enjoyed most aspects of it. She really came away with a sense of what is holy about living in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. She pointed out that we Jesuits often take for granted that we live in the presence of Christ when others do not.

She is a very kind woman with a very open heart. She has great insights about her own spiritual life and what she wants as a faithful person devoted to Christ. She is also quite devoted to Jesuits and retains her hope in the sacred qualities they bring to relationships. I was so pleased to meet her after all these years. Since I had just returned from a long trip and hadn't acquired enough sleep, I regret that I was so very tired and did not have much energy to be attentive to deeper conversations. I needed a nap to rejuvenate me first.

However, I love being back in Boston. The air is so clear in the morning and evenings. I can open the windows and let the fresh air pass through. Being in Boston for the Fourth is great because there is so much vitality all round, but it is back to work. Time to visit someone who is hospitalized, another who just had surgery, and a woman that just moved to hospice.

2 comments:

  1. Happy July 4th John! Glad you and your friend had the opportunity to meet. The internet is an amazing communication tool. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda. It has been a good weekend. I suspect that I'll be able to start to rest tomorrow.

      Delete