Daily Emails

https://predmoresj.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Estoy Practicando

I am delighted that I have an opportunity to practice my language all over the place. Our staff worker from Cape Verde is speaking to me in Spanish all the time. I understand everything that he is saying so far. I must be bold enough to risk sounding foolish in the short term. It will come. It eases my worry that I will not be able to use the language for a month, but I suspect there are Spanish speakers everywhere, even in Omaha, Nebraska.

The weekend has been consoling so far. I enjoyed having mass and meals with my brother Jesuits again. It was terrific to have an extra weekend day so I can slow down a bit. There's much to do before my next venture, but I am awash in experiencing the graces of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment